Updated for the 2020-21 school year
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are you doing to combat COVID-19?
A. We know that COVID-19 is a concern, and there are many precautions and best practices being implemented in our efforts to help limit exposure to the virus. Here's a few of them:
We will maintain small, consistent groupings ("pods") of students during each school quarter to avoid wider exposure risks.
Pods will consist of 15 or fewer students, managed by one or more of our staff members (depending on activities and group capabilities).
With these restrictions, the overall number of pods is therefore extremely limited, and will result in less available aftercare registration slots. If you anticipate a need for aftercare, we strongly recommend that you act quickly and lock in your child's registration right away.
- Our staff will properly be wearing cloth masks of at least KN95 quality at all times.
- Students will need to properly wear cloth masks, preferably of at least KN95 quality, at all times while indoors and when unable to socially distance at least 6 feet. Let us know if we can help by providing your child a mask.
- Students and staff will maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet from others, with an exception, of course, that our staff will be available and authorized to work with individual students as necessary.
- All students will be provided their own individualized materials kit for daily use in our programs, which may include pencils, erasers, colored pencils, crayons, glue sticks, tape, rulers, and other items, as well as the day's project and/or craft materials. We created simple, assembly line-styled processes for kids to carefully and methodically start their afternoons with us, in addition to streamlining our dismissal procedures to avoid delays in getting ready to go home.
We are making every effort to ensure that all materials are individualized, and that no materials will be shared by others.
- We do expect students to keep their individual workspaces reasonably clean and tidy, and to support their efforts, as part of their materials kit we are providing a sufficient number of individually packaged sanitizing wipes (including alcohol-free moisturized sanitizing wipes with Vitamin-E and Aloe Vera), paper towels, and individual packs of facial tissue so kids have virtually everything they need at arm's length. By this approach, children can keep socially distant while remaining engaged in their activity of choice.
- CPS and the city, county, or state may impose additional restrictions, and we understand the need to remain flexible
and compliant. We are here to serve your child's and your family's needs to the extent practical.
We know that COVID-19 is the elephant in the room and everyone is concerned about it. We are too, and while we all know absolute protection is virtually impossible, we plan to do our best to help keep everyone safe and healthy. Please let us know how we're doing and if there's
more we can do to help!
Q. Is aftercare available at Bell for my child's in-person school days?
A. Yes! 2020-21 registration for AfterCare Plus at Bell School is now open. We are back in business at Bell starting Monday, April 19th, from 3:15pm to 6:00pm every school day. Children may be registered for Monday-Tuesday or Thursday-Friday sessions, depending on the days they will be learning at Bell with their teachers and friends.
As we must maintain small, consistent groupings ("pods") of students throughout each quarter to avoid wider COVID-19 exposure risks, we are only able to offer quarterly registrations this school year. Also, regrettably and for the same reason, we will not be able to offer drop-in days for the time being.
Q. Where can I find the program flyer?
A. The 2021-22 pdf version of the Bell AfterCare Plus flyer is available
Q. Are drop-in days available?
A. Normally, drop-in days are available for all Bell students, even those not
registered for aftercare. However, we will not be able to offer drop-in days for the time being to support the requirement to maintain
small, consistent groups of students ("pods") in an effort to limit potentially wider exposure to COVID-19.
Q. Do you offer a sibling discount?
Yes, we do, and it applies to all siblings! Make sure to add all of your Bell children to your ACP account
before starting to register,
and our system will now automatically credit all of your registrations with an ongoing 10% sibling discount.
We reserve the right to restrict eligibility for the 10% sibling discount, remove it where not appropriate,
or to cancel it for future registrations at our discretion.
If you have any questions about the sibling discount, or would also like to apply for a partial scholarship,
please let us know by calling us at 773-761-KIDS
or by using our secure online contact form.
We want to be a partner in your child's education,
and we will try to help however we can.
Q. Does AfterCare Plus pricing include both aftercare and enrichment?
A. Yes it does!
AfterCare Plus pricing includes quality aftercare, homework support,
and a variety of free, engaging enrichment activities for every child, every school day:
- Grade-level activities aligned with school goals
- Kid-friendly creative design (arts and crafts) projects
- LEGO designing, building, and engineering
- Coding, robotics, and electronics projects
- Animation and video game creation activities
- Engaging chess instruction and challenges
- Technology activities and access
- Social interaction and activities
- Outdoor fitness and fun time
- And much, much more!
Please note that our offerings are being modified for 2020-21 to avoid the shared use of equipment and materials.
Additional information will be available soon!
Q. Is your program open to middle school students?
Yes, AfterCare Plus is a great destination for middle school students! Middle school students
enrolled in our program are provided with enhanced homework support
and engaging activities appropriate for their grade level and interests.
Q. Where can I find pricing for AfterCare Plus?
A. Bell school pricing for 2019-20:
Q. Can I change the attendance days, or the number of days each week?
A. Under normal circumstances, yes, but this school year is different.
Children will be assigned to small groups ("pods") for an entire school quarter. This helps to avoid wider exposure risks
to COVID-19 and is not something we are able to change. If your child has extenuating circumstances, please let us know.
Q. Will my child need to bring their own materials or will they be sharing?
Children do not need to bring their own materials, and there's no need to share. We are providing children
with individualized materials kits for daily use in our programs, which may include pencils, erasers, colored pencils, crayons, glue sticks, tape, rulers, and other items, as well as the day's project and/or craft materials. We created simple, assembly line-styled processes for kids to carefully and methodically start their afternoons with us, in addition to streamlining our dismissal procedures to avoid delays in getting ready to go home. We are trying to eliminate all of your worries relating to safe after-school participation!
Q. Is AfterCare Plus hiring?
Yes, we are! Please click here for more information.